Friday, January 25, 2008

Back in Nassau



I just wanted to assure you all that we are back safe in Nassau after a wonderful trip to Turks and Caicos. We arrived back Wednesday afternoon and at 6:00 PM we were at our District Conference Committee meeting. That went well but there is still a lot to do and time has run out. We are having some challenges with the joint portion of the Conference with 6930 because our Conference Culture as well as our combination of the PETS and Assembly a make for very different ideas.
Carla speaking on Ethics and the 4 way test. I am bias, but she was super!PP Bill Thompson
After a lengthy meeting we adjourned and Carla and I went home. My task was to deal with the 6930 issue ASAP. Needless to say by 2:00 AM I was tossing and turning trying to figure out the way to go. I got up and put it in a letter to DG Phil Lustig, cleared a couple of emails and went back to bed for an hour around 5:00 AM.

Yesterday morning was back to work first thing to deal with issues missed in my absence. Our youngest had some very bad news yesterday about her dog Niya. She appears to have lung cancer so Carla spend a while with Meghen supporting and helping decide the way forward. She is a very bright girl and had made some decisions which we fully agreed with.

At 11:00 AM I met with Atlantis, Conference Chair Frank and Leslie Fraser who is looking after the AV at Atlantis. We did a room walk through and a venue walk through. When all that was done, Frank and I met with Glenroy (Atlantis) to nail down the menus and the room allocations. By1:30 I was back at work for a few hours.

Carla was invited to speak at a joint Toastmaster Rotary function on Ethics, so I dashed home early, had dinner with her and we went tom the function for 8:00 PM. She did a great job as did the other 4 speakers and by 10:45 we were on our way home.

No make ups necessary this week!!! I have a Rotary Sunrise walk at 6:00 AM tomorrow morning, then I have been asked to stop by East Nassaus project Read as they have some out of town trainers in. After that a quick meeting with Chair Frank at his office for 11:00 AM and then home to get caught up on e-mails.

I’ll check in next week with anything new.

No comments: